The Prairie Farm Project will be offering weekly boxes in Stettler and Castor throughout the summer months. People who sign up to receive our emails can speak for boxes of vegetables worth approximately $30 on a first-come-first-serve basis. Customers will also be able to add on pastured pork (ground, sausage, loin, roast, etc), grass-fed beef (ground, roast, steak, etc), raw honey (end of August and on), flowers (seasonal and native), additional vegetables, fruits (saskatoons, rhubarb, strawberries, raspberries, haskaps, currants, apples, evans cherries, plums), pastured whole chickens (August), batch-milled Red Fife flour or grain, preserves, and broths.
Starting in October, we will be offering a different type of food program. Instead of a weekly box, it'll be monthly, and be a mix of different cuts of meat, with the option to add on root vegetables (carrots, beets, potatoes), onions, garlic, raw honey, preserves, and broths.
****ATTENTION LEDUC AND AREA CUSTOMERS: We unfortunately have recently made the decision to not bring weekly boxes up to South Edmonton and Leduc. This decision was a tough one, but one based on the fact we did not have enough interest to justify the fuel expenses and time it would take to travel there on a weekly basis. We apologize, and hope that we can grow in the years to come!
SAMPLE Summer BOXES
- Micro-greens (pea shoots, sunflower shoots, edible flowers)
- Living lettuce trays
- Spinach and/or orach
- Green onions
- Dill bunch
- Cilantro bunch
- Rainbow radishes
- Baby potatoes
- Baby carrots
- Add-ons include: cut flowers, pork/beef sausage, ground pork and ground beef, pork chops, beef roast, rhubarb.
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Ground cherries
- Add-ons include: honey, cut flowers, mixed pork and beef options, pastured whole chickens, apples, plums, evans cherries.
- Snap peas and shelling peas
- Mixed string beans
- Asian greens (mustard, bok choy)
- Salad turnips
- Garlic scapes
- Add-ons include: cut flowers, mixed pork and beef options, saskatoons, strawberries, micro-greens.
- Storage squash
- Garlic chives
- Decorative gourds
- Add-ons include: honey, cut flowers, mixed pork and beef options, pastured whole chickens, pie pumpkins, storage vegetables.